Friday, April 8, 2011

"love the things you have..."

I survey my vast acquisitions
of Goodwill with a capital "Guh", of Salvation with a side of Army... On my Hill of Miracles.... Used... Someone's discards have become my most beloved. My mom recites a poem by Edgar Guest in church all the time..
"love the things you have, by using them everyday."
I don't want to lose sight of my appreciation for what He has given me, in my effort to see what else I think I need.

More than just the stuff, it is bigger... Self-denial. I "discard" my life and my right to control it, and yet He picks up what is useful and reinvents it. It becomes His most beloved too. May I become one of His own that He loves because He can use me everyday.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:24-26 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment